Two Fox Information journalists killed in Ukraine
Fox Information cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski and Ukrainian journalist Oleksandra Kuvshynova, who was performing as a specialist for Fox Information, had been killed Monday when newsgathering outdoors of Kyiv, the outlet’s CEO Suzanne Scott reported in an interior memo.
Driving the information: Zakrzewski and Kuvshynova had been touring together with Fox Information journalist Benjamin Corridor when their motor vehicle arrived below hearth, Scott reported. Corridor continues to be hospitalized.
The significant image: Zakrzewski was dependent in London but experienced been in Ukraine masking the conflict because February, for every the internal memo.
- Kuvshynova, 24, was aiding Fox Information crews “navigate Kyiv and the encompassing region when accumulating details and talking to resources,” Scott reported.
- His loss of life, described initial by Fox Information, built him the 2nd identified journalist to have been killed in Ukraine, subsequent the loss of life of documentarian Brent Renaud.
- Scott wrote that the community held off on saying the information of Kuvshynova’s loss of life “out of regard for her relatives.”
What they are expressing: “Pierre was a war zone photographer who protected practically each individual worldwide tale for FOX Information from Iraq to Afghanistan to Syria for the duration of his prolonged tenure with us. His enthusiasm and expertise as a journalist had been unmatched,” Scott wrote.
- “He was profoundly dedicated to telling the tale and his bravery, professionalism and operate ethic had been renowned between journalists at each individual media outlet,” she additional.
- “She was extremely gifted and put in months performing instantly with our full staff there, running all-around the clock to make absolutely sure the environment realized what was taking place in her state,” Scott wrote of Kuvshynova.
- “There are no words and phrases. I experienced the good privilege of performing with Pierre and the even better privilege of contacting him a mate,” CNN’s Clarissa Ward tweeted Tuesday. “An remarkable spirit and huge expertise and a single of the kindest, most gracious colleagues on the street. Totally heartbreaking.”
- “I labored with Pierre lots of situations all-around the environment. He was an complete treasure,” Fox News reporter John Roberts wrote on Twitter. “Sending our most heartfelt prayers to Pierre’s spouse and relatives.”
- “In yesterday’s assault in the vicinity of Kyiv, we have shed a lovely courageous female – Oleksandra Kuvshinova – Sasha. She beloved songs and she was amusing and sort. she was 24 a long time aged. She labored with our staff for the previous thirty day period and did a fantastic career,” Fox Information area producer Yonat Friling tweeted.
Go further: The most recent on the Russia-Ukraine disaster